Tuesday, August 24, 2010

Undefeated

 

Asu & Jackie. Thats right team Nickerson, and guess what we are undefeated. I say this because I truly believe that when in a relationship you must act and preform as a team. Now before we had Ella we were carefree, went where we wanted, did what we wanted, stayed up all hours of the night (that actually hasnt change, were just paying for it way more now.) But the team dynamic was different. I think we make an amazing team. We did then, and even more so now. I remember the day I knew this was the man I wanted to be with forever. Now this is kind of a crazy story and actually gives you a glimpse into my old crazy self, but here goes. It was a late cold winter night, breezy with some bite in the air (haha im trying to be a funny story teller) but lets get serious now. It was cold I think it was in January or February. We had only been dating about 1 month or so, a group of friends all went out to Applebee's. I remember  I had kept bugging him to sing to me, and all I got was a big old NO, anyways now we are in Applebees Im looking hot as can be, as usual lol....walk up to the bar and get my two shots of warm goldslagger ( Warm goldslagger or warm vodka were always my drinks of choice, and I often got weird looks for this very odd request im sure.) Get back to the table take my shots. I dont even have time to light up one of my cancer sticks, and everyone wants to go to some hole in the wall pub....ugghh ok lets go. Now as were leaving im feeling a little more tipsy then I should, now I used to be a PROFESSIONAL drinker so this I found odd. We are walking to the car and im sure I had one some five inch heels, because thats just how I roll, and I slipped, and he caught me. Now this isnt what made me know that  I would love this man forever that would just be lame. Driving over to this "Pub" thats what they like to call it, but I like to refer to it as "The place where someone drugged my drink" As were driving over there he sings to me. It was amazing, not that he has a sweet voice or anything (sorry Asu) just that I had been bugging him and he did it!! It was by far one of the sweetest things ever, and cutest by the way. I dont really remember much else of that night, because like I said I was drugged at the "Pub" but after the singing the next thing I remember is sitting in front of my parents house, and hes feeding me a McChicken from McDonalds. I cant keep any of it down though was the problem. Bite after bite im puking out the door, but yet he continues to feed me until the whole thing is gone. Now if thats not team work and dedication I dont know what is!!! After he force feeds me my meal he walks me to the house takes me in, and makes sure im alright. It wasnt until that next morning I realized I had actually been drugged. I only remember pieces of that night, but the pieces of the night that I do remember is what counts. Its those bits, and pieces that made me realize who I want to be with for the rest of my life. Now Four years later were a different kind of team. Were a team of three, Since Ella was born I think many things have changed. It has made our bond stronger, and I think Un-breakable. With dedication, not accepthing faliure as an option, and sticking together even during all the trials, and tribulation will make you team the best it can be.... Go team Nickerson 5,127 wins 0 losses, and counting!

1 comment:

  1. What a nice guy to stick by you and protect you! Go Nickerson! LOL

    ReplyDelete